- Ten Rules for Strategic Innovators (2005) focused on a subset of innovation initiatives, high-risk and high-growth potential new ventures. Of the five books, this one includes the most extensive case study examples.
- The Other Side of Innovation (2010) expanded the scope of the work to any innovation initiative - everything from small improvements that one person could tackle on their own initiative to the high-risk terrain addressed in Ten Rules.
- Reverse Innovation (2012) tackled innovation to drive growth in emerging markets, addressing the full breadth of the challenge that emerging markets present, including market research, solutions design, and organizational redesign.
- How Stella Saved the Farm (2013) is a short and simple story about a farm in trouble and how it innovates to get out of trouble. It conveys the authors' most fundamental principles for managing innovation. Stella is very effective in engaging teams in productive discussions about what it really takes to make innovation happen.
- Beyond the Idea (2013) is Stella's natural companion. Stella is the conversation starter; Beyond the Idea is the operating manual. Beyond the Idea conveys the author's prescription for innovation in the most compact form possible. It also includes several critical expansions beyond the material included in earlier books - new ideas that are critical for gaining buy-in and overcoming resistance within organizations.